How to create your Facebook App
1. Login to Facebook Developers website.
2. From the "My Apps" drop down click on "Add a New App"
3. Click on the Website option
4. Type in a name for your app and click on "Create ..."
5. Give it a category and click on "Create APP ID"
6. Type in the name of your website and click "Next"
7. Now Click on the "Skip to Developer Dashboard" link.
8. Here you can find you App ID and App Secret
5. How to make your App Secret worthless for hackers ;)
1. In your Facebook App, go to the left "Settings" tab and click on the "Advanced" link. Here you can see the "Update Settings IP Whitelist" field. Add your IP address here.Using this step, only the specified IP address will be able to make changes to your App settings. This means if someone finds your App Secret and tries to update your App settings, he won't be able to do it.
2. Now, scroll down this page and make sure the button settings are as pictured.
Once you have finished these steps you will need to have Facebook approve your App ID request. If at any time you receive an 'error in submission' notice, go back through your App ID process and correct / add / replace whatever Facebook is claiming is an error... Sorry folk, this is Facebook not GraphicAholic or the Fanpage module!
Once approved CLICK HERE to obtain your 'Permanent Access Token' code.