JUST RELEASED v1.2.9 & 100% FREE
v1.2.9 has all new Cookie Session code to support Joomla websites required to comply with their countries Cookie Law. If you are upgrading, please make sure you adjust these new settings to your specific needs.
PopUp Aholic came about because a client asked to have one on their Joomla! website to promote a fundraising event they were hosting. Simple enough, head over to the Joomla Extension Directory (JED) and grab one. Not so fast! Since this client is on a tight budget, the only 'good' popup model boxes were commercial and way too expensive (IMHO) just to display a model box on page loads! I quickey tossed together some basic code using Fancybox 2 (my favorite lightbox app) and got my client up and page-popping in an hour of their initial request.
As with any new extension you introduce to a client, there will always be those dreaded words... "can it do this, can it do that and if not, why not!" As I was able to satisfy most of these 'can it do' requests, I began to realize... Hey, we have a Joomla! extension happening here! So without further adieu, please allow me to introduce to you, PopUp Aholic, a page load popup model box loaded with features and 100% FREE to USE or ABUSE!
First you'll be greated with your default Joomla! editor. Here is where you enter in everything you need for your popup box. Once completed, there are option below to customize how your popup box will behave.
- Responsive or Static Box: Choosing 'Responsive Box' will allow your popup box to fit into any screen size (desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone). Selecting 'Static Box' will bring up Width & Height options that you can set to your popup box needs.
- Set Box Timer: Adjust this setting to pre-select how long the popup box will show on page load. The higher the value the longer the popup box will stay active.
- Cookie expires in: No Cookie Session, Day(s), Hour(s), Minute(s). Adjust this option to your specific needs.
- Set Cookie Time: If above option is set to Day(s), Hour(s) or Minute(s) this option box will display. Here you enter a time value based on your selection above.
- Delay Popup on Page Load: If No, your popup box will 'popup' once the entire page finishes loading. If Yes, a new option box will show allowing you to set how long of a delay there will be before 'popping' up.
- Get box data from: The 'Above Custom HTML' will render everything you entered into the editor. Selecting 'External file' will allow you to import an external HTML file from your server path (or any other server path), embed a video from YouTube, a Google map, etc. to use in your popup box.
PopUp Box Styles Tab:
- Show close button: Default is Yes. If No, the close button won't show and the popup can't close until it times out (New with v1.2.0).
- Close popup box only with X: Default is No. If Yes, popup can only be closed using the 'X' graphic while active (New with v1.2.5).
- Popup Load Effect: Choose between None, Fade or Elastic.
- Popup Exit Effect: Choose between None, Fade or Elastic.
- Background Overlay Color: Choose your popup box overlay color.
- Background Tint: Choose your popup box overlay tinting opacity.
- Box Background Color: Choose your popup box background color.
- Box Text Color: Choose your popup box text color.
- Box Radius: Adjust to create rounded corners of your popup box.
- Box Border: Yes/No to have a box border effect.
- Border Thickness: Enter your border thickness value.
- Border Color: Choose your border color & opacity.
- Border Type: Choose between Solid, Dotted, Dashed, Double, Groved, Ridge, Inset or Outset.
- Box Shadow Effect: Yes/No to have a shadow effect around your popup box.
- Box Shadow Color: Choose your box shadow effect & opacity.
- Four Corner Padding: Adjust to increase/decrease the amount of padding your data will have inside your popup box.
- Load script files inline?: Default is No. If Yes, supporting script files will be loaded in the <body> tag of your assigned page. If you need to change this setting to Yes, the added option below will show. (New with v1.2.6).
- Load jQuery Library?: Default is No. If Yes, PopUp Aholic will also force the loading of the jQuery Library script in the <body> tag of your assigned page. PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND this options tooltip instructions before changing this setting! (New with v1.2.6).
PopUp Aholic has been tested and works in all 'active' module positions. For extensions like PopUp Aholic we have found that the 'debug' position works best PROVIDING the template you are using supports this module position. When selecting how to use PopUp Aholic, it is strongly suggested that you turn off the Show Title module option. Also, if you want to engage your site clients and not run them off... use the 'Cookie' timer option!
PopUp Aholic was built around the latest version of Joomla! (v3.6.4). This Joomla! release has new features that PopUp Aholic is using. If you are running an older version of Joomla!, WHY?